Terms & Conditions
This Services Agreement (this “Agreement“), is made effective as of the date of payment (the “Effective Date“), is entered into by and between Regenerative Ecosystems, LLC, a Kentucky limited liability company d/b/a Regen Aquaculture (“Service Provider“), and the undersigned customer (“Customer“).
- Services. Service Provider shall provide to Customer the services (the “Services“) set out in Invoice. Service Provider shall provide the Services in accordance with the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in this Agreement.
- Fees and Expenses. For the Services to be performed hereunder, Customer shall pay to Service Provider (the “Fee“) within thirty (30) days of the date of Service Provider’s invoice. Customer shall reimburse Service Provider for all reasonable travel and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Service Provider in connection with the performance of the Services, within thirty (30) days of receipt by the Customer of an invoice from Service Provider accompanied by receipts and reasonable supporting documentation. Customer shall be responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental entity on any amounts payable by Customer hereunder; provided, that, in no event shall Customer pay or be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or regarding, Service Provider’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel, or real or personal property or other assets. All late payments shall bear interest at the lesser of the rate of 15% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Customer shall also reimburse Service Provider for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under this Agreement or at law (which Service Provider does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Service Provider shall be entitled to suspend the provision of any Services if Customer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for five (5) days following written notice thereof.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, patent disclosures and inventions (whether patentable or not), trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, know-how, and other confidential information, trade dress, trade names, logos, corporate names and domain names, together with all of the goodwill associated therewith, derivative works and all other rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights“) in and to all documents, work product and other materials that are delivered to Customer under this Agreement or prepared by or on behalf of Service Provider in the course of performing the Services (collectively, the “Deliverables“) shall be owned exclusively by Service Provider.
- Confidentiality. From time to time during the Term of this Agreement, either party (as the “Disclosing Party“) may disclose or make available to the other party (as the “Receiving Party“), non-public, proprietary, and confidential information of Disclosing Party that, if disclosed in writing or other tangible form is clearly labeled as “confidential,” or if disclosed orally, is identified as confidential when disclosed and within thirty (30) days thereafter, is summarized in writing and confirmed as confidential (“Confidential Information“); provided, however, that Confidential Information does not include any information that: (a) is or becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of Receiving Party’s breach of this 4; (b) is or becomes available to the Receiving Party on a non-confidential basis from a third-party source, provided that such third party is not and was not prohibited from disclosing such Confidential Information; (c) was in Receiving Party’s possession prior to Disclosing Party’s disclosure hereunder; or (d) was or is independently developed by Receiving Party without using any Confidential Information. The Receiving Party shall: (x) protect and safeguard the confidentiality of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care as the Receiving Party would protect its own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than a commercially reasonable degree of care; (y) not use the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, or permit it to be accessed or used, for any purpose other than to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement; and (z) not disclose any such Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the Receiving Party’s Group who need to know the Confidential Information to assist the Receiving Party, or act on its behalf, to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement. If the Receiving Party is required by applicable law or legal process to disclose any Confidential Information, it shall, prior to making such disclosure, use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Disclosing Party of such requirements to afford Disclosing Party the opportunity to seek, at Disclosing Party’s sole cost and expense, a protective order or other remedy. For purposes of this 4 only, Receiving Party’s Group shall mean the Receiving Party’s subcontractors, attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors.
- Term. This Agreement shall commence as of the Effective Date and shall continue thereafter until the completion of the Services unless sooner terminated pursuant to Section 6 (the “Term“).
- Termination. Either party may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to the other party (the “Defaulting Party“), if the Defaulting Party: (a) breaches this Agreement, and such breach is incapable of cure, or with respect to a breach capable of cure, the Defaulting Party does not cure such breach within 30 days after receipt of written notice of such breach; (b) becomes insolvent or admits its inability to pay its debts generally as they become due; (c) becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law, which is not fully stayed within seven (7) business days or is not dismissed or vacated within forty-five (45) days after filing; (d) is dissolved or liquidated or takes any corporate action for such purpose; (e) makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors; or (f) has a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this section, Service Provider may terminate this Agreement before the expiration date of the Term on written notice if Customer fails to pay any amount when due hereunder.
- Independent Contractor. The details of the method and manner for performance of the Services by Service Provider shall be under its own control, Customer being interested only in the results thereof. The Service Provider shall be solely responsible for supervising, controlling and directing the details and manner of the completion of the Services. Nothing in this Agreement shall give Customer the right to instruct, supervise, control, or direct the details and manner of the completion of the Services. Service Provider is for all purposes hereunder an independent contractor and in no event will Service Provider be considered an agent or employee of Customer or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates for any purpose.
- Insurance. During the Term and for a period of twenty-four (24) months after expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, Customer shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect with financially sound and reputable insurers, that includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability with limits no less than $1,000,0000.00 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 in the aggregate, including bodily injury and property damage and completed operations and advertising liability, which policy will include contractual liability coverage insuring the activities of Customer under this Agreement. Upon Service Provider’s request, Customer shall provide Service Provider with a certificate of insurance from Customer’s insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in this Agreement. The certificate of insurance shall name Service Provider as an additional insured. Customer shall provide Service Provider with 30 days’ advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Customer’s insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Customer shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Service Provider’s insurers and Service Provider.
- Limited Warranty. Service Provider warrants that it shall perform the Services in a timely, workmanlike, and professional manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services. SERVICE PROVIDER (a) MAKES NO WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR THAT SET OUT ABOVE; AND (b) DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Service Provider’s sole and exclusive liability and Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for breach of the limited warranty set out in this Section shall be reperformance of the affected services. If Service Provider cannot reperform the services in compliance with the warranty set forth above within a reasonable time (but no more than 90 days) after Customer’s written notice of such breach, Customer may, at its option, terminate the Agreement by serving written notice of termination in accordance with Section 6. Service Provider shall within 90 days after the effective date of such termination, refund to Customer a portion of the fees previously paid by Customer as of the date of termination corresponding to the defective Services.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE TO SERVICE PROVIDER PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT IN THE TWO MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- General. Each of the parties hereto shall best efforts to, from time to time at the request, furnish the other party such further information or assurances, execute and deliver such additional documents, instruments, and conveyances, and take such other actions and do such other things, as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this Agreement and give effect to the transactions contemplated hereby. Each party shall deliver all communications in writing either in person, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid, by facsimile or email (with confirmation of transmission), or by recognized overnight courier service, and addressed to the other party at the addresses set forth below (or to such other address that the receiving party may designate from time to time in accordance with this Section). This Agreement and all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including tort and statutory claims are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Kentucky, without giving effect to any conflict of laws provisions thereof that would result in the application of the laws of a different jurisdiction. Either party shall institute any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement in the federal or state courts in each case located in Walton, Kentucky. EACH PARTY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY: (A) CONSENTS AND SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COURTS; AND (B) WAIVES ANY OBJECTION TO THAT CHOICE OF FORUM BASED ON VENUE OR TO THE EFFECT THAT THE FORUM IS NOT CONVENIENT; (C) WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY; AND (D) WAIVES PERSONAL SERVICE OF ANY SUMMONS, COMPLAINT, OR OTHER PROCESS, WHICH MAY BE MADE BY ANY OTHER MEANS PERMITTED BY LAW. This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous written or oral understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties with respect to such subject matter. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any provision herein does not affect any other provision herein or the validity, legality, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction. The parties may not amend this Agreement except by written instrument signed by the parties. No waiver of any right, remedy, power, or privilege under this Agreement (“Right(s)“) is effective unless contained in a writing signed by the party charged with such waiver. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any Right operates as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any Right precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other Right. The Rights under this Agreement are cumulative and are in addition to any other rights and remedies available at law or in equity or otherwise; provided that, the parties intend that the remedy set out in 9 (Limited Warranty) is Customer’s exclusive remedy for the Service Provider’s breach of the limited warranty set out in 9. Neither party may directly or indirectly assign, transfer, or delegate any of or all of its rights or obligations under this Agreement, voluntarily or involuntarily, including by change of control, merger (whether or not such party is the surviving entity), operation of law, or any other manner, without the prior written consent of the other party. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section shall be null and void. Service Provider, however, may subcontract the Services. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Except for the parties, their successors and permitted assigns, there are no third party beneficiaries under this Agreement. Any provision that, in order to give proper effect to its intent, should survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, will survive such expiration or termination for the period specified therein, or if nothing is specified for a period of 12 months after such expiration or termination. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts. Delivery of an executed counterpart of this Agreement by fax or by electronic delivery—including, by way of example and not limitation, portable document format (“.pdf”) or tagged image file format (“.tiff”)—will be equally effective as delivery of an originally executed counterpart. The parties acknowledge and agree that in any dispute or controversy between them, including any administrative or legal proceedings, respecting or in any way relating to this Agreement, each waives the right to raise any defense based on its execution of this Agreement in counterparts or the delivery of such executed counterparts by fax or by electronic delivery, as applicable.
- Force Majeure. Except for a party’s obligation to may any payment hereunder, no party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement (except for any obligations of Customer to make payments to Service Provider hereunder), when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the impacted party’s (“Impacted Party”) reasonable control, including, without limitation, the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, pandemic, epidemic or other disease; or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or actions; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; and (f) national or regional emergency and (g) other similar events beyond the control of the Impacted Party. The Impacted Party shall give notice within 30 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of 90 consecutive days following written notice given by it under this Section 12, either party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon 15 days’ written notice.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date by their respective officers thereunto duly authorized.
Get In Touch
What Our Clients Are Saying
Stay in Touch
By signing up for this newsletter, you agree to receive notifications for new webinars, podcasts, videos, and more information regarding regenerative aquaculture and aquaponics.